How to cook Bopis Do you want to know how to cook Bopis or Bopiz in Spanish? This Filipino dish has Spanish origins, beef or pork lungs and heart sauteed in chilies, tomatoes, and onions. This dish is very simple and easy to cook. Recipes […]
Month: June 2018
Best Spaghetti Recipes
This is one of the best spaghetti recipes out there. This dish has been handed down from my Grand Mother. It’s a family favorite and will not be replaced. Spaghetti was Invented in China, and the guy named Marco Polo brought the knowledge of this food to Italy. It was made from rice flour or sometimes wheat flour.
Spaghetti is a traditional Italian food. There’s a lot of variations and styles cooking this dish, but my favorite one is the Asian style spaghetti. Taste sweet, saucy, and cheesy. The kids love this recipe because of the sweetness of the sauce. You will always see this dish in south-east Asia, Commonly you will see this in birthday parties, or sometimes in street foods.
This is very delicious and healthy! , This is one of the best spaghetti recipes that I’m sure your family will love. Let’s start with the list of the Ingredients below. Preparation time 15 minutes, cooking time 60 minutes.
- 2 lbs Spaghetti pasta
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 425 grams tomato sauce, or 3 cans (15 oz)
- 1 lb. minced ham
- 6 to 8 pieces red hotdogs, sliced diagonally
- 1½ lbs ground pork
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can condense milk
- 1 pack or can all-purpose cream
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti pasta 8-12 minutes depending on the packaging Instruction. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot, and suite the garlic and onion.
- Add the ham. Cook for 3 minutes mix it well.
- Put-in the ground pork. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour-in beef broth and the tomato sauce. Stir and let boil.
- Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add the hotdogs and tomato paste.
- Stir and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Put-in the salt, pepper, sugar, and condense milk. Stir until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the All-purpose cream.
- Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Arrange the spaghetti pasta in a big plate. Pour the meat sauce over the pasta and top with cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
The word “Adobo” comes from the word “Adobar” a Spanish word that means “To marinade”. The spañards teach the Filipino citizen to cook adobo in late 1613. It’s a Spanish and Mexican dish which is also one of the signatures dishes of the Filipino’s.
The Philippines is composed of seven thousand islands, and there are different variations in cooking Pork Adobo. Cooking this dish can be different, main reasons can be the availability of the ingredients.
This pork adobo recipe that I will share is the simplest and common. Preparation time will be 10 -15 minutes. Cooking time will be 1 hour at least.
- 1-kilo pork belly
- 5 pcs dried bay leaves
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 2 cups of water
- Rock salt to taste
- Sliced the pork belly into two inches cubes
- In a large bowl put the pork belly, add the crushed garlic, soy sauce, and marinade for at least 30 minutes
- Heat the pot and put in the marinated pork and saute for a few minutes until you see the meat turns to brown.
- Pour in the water, add the peppercorn and the bay leaves, bring to boil and simmer for at least 45 minutes until the meat is tender.
- Add the vinegar and simmer for another 15 minutes
- Add some salt to taste
- Serve hot with rice.