Tuna Broccoli Recipe Benefits Do you want to know the tuna broccoli recipe? We all know that broccoli is one of the super-healthy foods out there, Let see what are the benefits of eating broccoli. It contains various amounts of vitamins and minerals with […]
Guilt Free-Deserts Review Are you looking for diabetic dessert recipes? Well, they think it’s a myth that people diagnosed with diabetes can’t eat dessert. According to a certified diabetes director and educator in Diabetes Center in Boston, that is nothing off limits, but you have […]
Learn More About Chicken Masala Recipe
Do you want to know more about chicken masala recipe? The red creamy chicken with the blend of flavor and spices also called Chicken Masala or Chicken Tikka Masala. This dish was originated in India but It is also one of the national dishes in Great Briain. A bit history of this dish in India, when once an Emperor of the Mughal Dynasty in South Asia was sick and he doesn’t want to chew chicken with bones so the emperor ordered his chefs to remove the bones before cooking the meat, and the delicacy was called “Tikka”.
Over some years, this recipe was changed and improvised that includes marinating of chicken in spices and yogurt, and this dish becomes so popular throughout the Mughal empire. Some of the people in India argue about the story, there are several people claiming the recipe. But anyways this dish is very delicious also if you love spicy food.
What is Masala
Chicken masala recipe will not be completed without the Masala, this is a mixture of many spices in South Asian cuisine. There is no single recipe of masala, and the ingredients differ according to the availability in different regions. But the most masala ingredients include coriander, cardamom, cloves, cumin, black pepper, nutmeg, and cinnamon,
The other variation of masala will include saffron, ginger, garlic, mace, star anise, turmeric, fenugreek, bay leaves and tamarind.
Chicken Masala Recipe
If you have with some basic ingredients you are good to go. This chicken masala recipe can be made to a semi-dry or gravy dish. If you prefer the gravy dish or saucy version just add some coconut milk or water. Preparation Time 15 minutes, cooking time 30 minutes, total time 45 minutes good for 6 servings.
- 1 Kilograms chicken
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/4 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 1/4 tablespoon chicken masala
- 4 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 2 pcs small bay leaves
- 4 tablespoon Oil
- 2 pcs cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 2 large Onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup tomato finely
- Handful mint and coriander leaves finely chopped
- Wash the chicken and drain
- Marinate the chicken with chili powder, salt, pepper, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, and masala.
- Cover and set aside for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pot with medium heat.
- Saute cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, and bay leaves.
- Add the green chilies followed by onions. Saute until the onion turns to slightly brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste
- Add the tomato, chili powder, masala, and salt.
- Saute for 5 minutes, or when you see the oil separating from the mixture.
- Add the marinated chicken and saute for 5 minutes.
- Turn the stove to low heat, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and add the coriander leaves or mint leaves mix it well.
- Cover the pot again and continue to cook for 35 minutes in low heat, or until the chicken is tender.
- Serve hot, good with bread or rice.
Also try our Chicken Parmesan Recipe.
Chicken Parmesan Recipe Chicken Parmesan Recipe or Chicken Parm in the United States is a popular Italian-American Dish. This dish consists of a breaded chicken breast topped with mozzarella, tomato sauce, and parmesan cheese. A slice of bacon or ham is sometimes added. It has […]
The Chicken Curry Recipe This chicken curry recipe is one of the easiest and tastiest curry recipe on the Internet. The United Kingdom has adopted curry as their national dish, with more than 10,000 Bangladeshi, Pakistani, and Indian Restaurants. Once it just meant Pakistani or […]
How to cook Bopis
Do you want to know how to cook Bopis or Bopiz in Spanish? This Filipino dish has Spanish origins, beef or pork lungs and heart sauteed in chilies, tomatoes, and onions. This dish is very simple and easy to cook. Recipes of this dish may differ from family to family and region to region, with regard to spices, ingredients, and flavoring. Bopis is served with steamed rice or with alcoholic beverages.
- 3/4 kilo beef/pig lungs boiled until tender and diced
- 1/4 kilo beef/pig heart boiled until tender and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 medium carrots (diced)
- ½ cup annatto seeds diluted in ¼ cup water. You can use tomato paste if you don’t have annatto seeds 4 tbsp.
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- 2½ tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1½ tablespoons ginger, (minced)
- 1 medium red onion, (chopped)
- 4 clove garlic, (minced)
- 4 pieces dried bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute ginger, garlic, and onion.
- Put-in the pig’s/beef’s heart and lungs, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed pepper
- Add the annatto water. Stir.
- Add the dried bay leaves and pour-in water. Let boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour-in vinegar and allow to reboil. Stir.
- Add red bell pepper, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Sweet Sausage Marsala
This is a good Italian dish that doesn’t require a lot of work, I have made this several times for my family and they all loved it. Marsala is a wine produced in Marsala Sicily Italy.
This Sweet Sausage Marsala Recipe is a good source of carbohydrates and proteins, It’s very delicious and highly recommended. This recipe is absolutely tasty. My family kept raving about it. So here below are the lists of the Ingredients needed for this dish. Preparation time is 20 minutes and cooking time is 20 minutes.
- 1 pack farfalle pasta
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 large onion (sliced)
- 1 pound Italian sausage links
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon Marsala Wine
- 3 pcs medium size tomatoes (diced)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch oregano powder
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot and put some water, oil, and salt. Bring it to a boil then cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Put the whole sausage and the 1/3 cup of water in a skillet over a medium heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Drain and slice
- Suite the garlic, onion, and pepper.
- Add the sliced sausage, and the Marsala wine.
- Cook over medium-high heat, keep stirring frequently until the sausage is cooked. Then add the pasta
- Add the diced tomatoes, oregano, and black pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt to taste
- Remove from the heat. Serve over cooked pasta
Per Serving: 16.1g fat, 509 calories, 66.1g carbohydrates, 30mg Cholesterol, 741 mg sodium, 21.9g Protein