Beef Stew Recipe
Beef Stew Recipe
Beef Meat is the best bet for stew, but the meat is tough so it needs time to cook and become tender. If you rush cooking the meat it will become tough and chewy. So you will need approximately one and a half hour of cooking with this dish. This recipe was originated in western countries.
You will need to slightly fry the meat and make it a little bit brown before starting the process of stewing and to make it much tastier. By slowly cooking the meat with low fire you will get a tender and flavorful meat. This dish is perfect in cold weather, with its thick sauce perfect combination with hot rice.
There are so many variations of this dish, but this beef stew recipe that I will share is one of the simplest and easiest ways to cook. So let’s begin
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1-kilo beef tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 pcs carrots medium size, quartered
- 4 pcs medium size potatoes, cut in 1 inch
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1 medium-size red onion
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 medium size bell pepper
- 1 small pack tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups of beef stock
- salt to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pot with the medium heat
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, and put it in the pot.
- Cook until evenly browned for about 2-4 minutes. Cook in batches
- Add the garlic and bay leaves, after 1 minute put the onion, Suite and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, followed by tomato paste and tomato sauce, mix it well
- Pour in the beef stock, add the bell pepper let it dissolve with the sauce to make the flavor much yummier, boil for at least 40 minutes until the meat is tender.
- Add the potatoes boil for 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots and boil for another 15 minutes.
- Add salt to taste
- Serve hot with rice, Enjoy!