Chicken Masala Recipe
Learn More About Chicken Masala Recipe
Do you want to know more about chicken masala recipe? The red creamy chicken with the blend of flavor and spices also called Chicken Masala or Chicken Tikka Masala. This dish was originated in India but It is also one of the national dishes in Great Briain. A bit history of this dish in India, when once an Emperor of the Mughal Dynasty in South Asia was sick and he doesn’t want to chew chicken with bones so the emperor ordered his chefs to remove the bones before cooking the meat, and the delicacy was called “Tikka”.
Over some years, this recipe was changed and improvised that includes marinating of chicken in spices and yogurt, and this dish becomes so popular throughout the Mughal empire. Some of the people in India argue about the story, there are several people claiming the recipe. But anyways this dish is very delicious also if you love spicy food.
What is Masala
Chicken masala recipe will not be completed without the Masala, this is a mixture of many spices in South Asian cuisine. There is no single recipe of masala, and the ingredients differ according to the availability in different regions. But the most masala ingredients include coriander, cardamom, cloves, cumin, black pepper, nutmeg, and cinnamon,
The other variation of masala will include saffron, ginger, garlic, mace, star anise, turmeric, fenugreek, bay leaves and tamarind.
Chicken Masala Recipe
If you have with some basic ingredients you are good to go. This chicken masala recipe can be made to a semi-dry or gravy dish. If you prefer the gravy dish or saucy version just add some coconut milk or water. Preparation Time 15 minutes, cooking time 30 minutes, total time 45 minutes good for 6 servings.
- 1 Kilograms chicken
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/4 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 1/4 tablespoon chicken masala
- 4 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 2 pcs small bay leaves
- 4 tablespoon Oil
- 2 pcs cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 2 large Onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup tomato finely
- Handful mint and coriander leaves finely chopped
- Wash the chicken and drain
- Marinate the chicken with chili powder, salt, pepper, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, and masala.
- Cover and set aside for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pot with medium heat.
- Saute cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, and bay leaves.
- Add the green chilies followed by onions. Saute until the onion turns to slightly brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste
- Add the tomato, chili powder, masala, and salt.
- Saute for 5 minutes, or when you see the oil separating from the mixture.
- Add the marinated chicken and saute for 5 minutes.
- Turn the stove to low heat, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and add the coriander leaves or mint leaves mix it well.
- Cover the pot again and continue to cook for 35 minutes in low heat, or until the chicken is tender.
- Serve hot, good with bread or rice.
Also try our Chicken Parmesan Recipe.
Follow us on social media: