How To Cook Bopis
How to cook Bopis
Do you want to know how to cook Bopis or Bopiz in Spanish? This Filipino dish has Spanish origins, beef or pork lungs and heart sauteed in chilies, tomatoes, and onions. This dish is very simple and easy to cook. Recipes of this dish may differ from family to family and region to region, with regard to spices, ingredients, and flavoring. Bopis is served with steamed rice or with alcoholic beverages.
- 3/4 kilo beef/pig lungs boiled until tender and diced
- 1/4 kilo beef/pig heart boiled until tender and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 medium carrots (diced)
- ½ cup annatto seeds diluted in ¼ cup water. You can use tomato paste if you don’t have annatto seeds 4 tbsp.
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- 2½ tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1½ tablespoons ginger, (minced)
- 1 medium red onion, (chopped)
- 4 clove garlic, (minced)
- 4 pieces dried bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute ginger, garlic, and onion.
- Put-in the pig’s/beef’s heart and lungs, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed pepper
- Add the annatto water. Stir.
- Add the dried bay leaves and pour-in water. Let boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour-in vinegar and allow to reboil. Stir.
- Add red bell pepper, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Follow us on social media: